Who we are
We are a group of self-motivated youngsters, determined to provide quality education to the upcoming generation of Pakistan.
We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the highest level of privacy regulation. As such, we follow the obligations under
- Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEA) and the applicable provincial legislations
- the EU’s General Protection Data Regulation (GDPR)
- Brazil’s Data Protection Legislation (LGDP)
- California’s Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- Pakistan’s Data Protection Regulations
This policy applies to the STUDY-101 websites and domains.
- Make use of our application and services as an authorized user
- Visit any of our websites that link to this Privacy Statement
- Receive any communication from us including newsletters, emails, calls, or texts
Personal Data We Collect
|Data You Provide|
|When you make a purchase, or attempt to make a purchase, we collect personal data as part of your order information. This data includes: Account information such as your name, email address, and passwordPayment information such as your billing address, phone number, credit card, debit card or other payment method If you provide us, or our service providers, with any Personal Data relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and acknowledge that it will be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly, or to otherwise exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information set out in the Contact Us section below.|
|Device and Usage Data|
|When you visit a STUDY-101 website, we automatically collect and store information about your visit using browser cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer), or similar technology. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help Feature on most browsers will provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service and we recommend that you leave them turned on.|
|Data we collect from third parties|
|We may receive your personal data from third parties such as companies subscribing to STUDY-101 services, partners and other sources. This information is not collected by us but by a third party and is subject to the relevant third party’s own separate privacy and data collection policies. We do not have any control or input on how your personal data is handled by third parties. As always, you have the right to review and rectify this information. If you have any questions you should first contact the relevant third party for further information about your personal data. Where that third party is unresponsive to your rights, you may contact the Data Protection Officer at STUDY-101 (contact details below) and we can assist you.Our websites and services may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of such other services, or of social media networks that host our branded social media pages, are governed by third parties’ privacy statements, which you should review to better understand those third parties’ privacy practices.|
|Purpose and Legal Basis for the Processing of Personal Data|
|We collect and use personal data about you with your consent to provide, maintain, and develop our products and services and understand how to improve them.Where we process your personal data to provide a product or service, we do so because it is necessary to perform contractual obligations. All of the above processing is necessary in our legitimate interests to provide products and services and to maintain our relationship with you and to protect our business for example against fraud. Consent will be required to initiate services with you. New consent will be required If any changes are made to the type of data collected. Within our contract, if you fail to provide consent, some services may not be available to you.|
|Sharing and Disclosure|
|We will share your personal data with third parties only in the ways set out in this Policy or set out at the point when the personal data is collected.We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:|
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted marketing via advertisements or communications (such as newsletters).For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at:
|We may use or disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation, in connection with a request from a public or government authority, or in connection with court or tribunal proceedings, to prevent loss of life or injury, or to protect our rights or property. Where possible and practical to do so, we will tell you in advance of such disclosure.|
|Service Providers and Other Third Parties|
|We may use a third party service provider, independent contractors, agencies, or consultants to deliver and help us improve our products and services. Service providers may be within or located outside the EEA. We may share your personal data with marketing agencies, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers and others but only to maintain and improve our products and services. For further information on the recipients of your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information in the Contact Us section below.|
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file with information that your browser stores on your device. Information in this file is typically shared with the owner of the site in addition to potential partners and third parties to that business. The collection of this information may be used in the function of the site and/or to improve your experience.
Retention and Deletion
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent required by applicable law. When we no longer need personal data, we will remove it from our systems and / or take steps to anonymize it.
We will not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16 Years.
Your Rights to your Personal Data
Depending on your geographical location and citizenship, your rights are subject to local data privacy regulations. These rights may include:
- Right to Access(PIPEDA, GDPR Article 15, CCPA, LGPD)You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you.
- Right to Rectification (PIPEDA, GDPR Article 16, LGPD)You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified.
- Right to be Forgotten (right to erasure) (GDPR Article 17, CCPA, LGPD)You have the right to request that we delete personal data that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to Restriction of Processing (GDPR Article 18, LGPD)You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or if we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish us to delete it.
- Right to Portability (PIPEDA, GDPR Article 20, LGPD)You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you or the third party that subscribes to STUDY-101 services.
- Right to Objection (GDPR Article 21, LGPD)Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- Right Not to Be Discriminated (CCPA)You have the right not to be denied service or have an altered experience based on having executed any of your CCPA rights.
If you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge, such as where you wish to unsubscribe from marketing messages that you receive from us. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us using the information found at the bottom of this page.
How to Exercise Your Rights
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal data by sending the request to our privacy team by using the form below.
For your own privacy and security, at our discretion, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
If you have a complaint about this Policy or any element of your personal information that we hold then please contact us below. If you are not satisfied, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority..
If you are based in the EEA, please visit this website (http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/document.cfm?action=display&doc_id=50061) for a list of local data protection authorities.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
To request a copy for your information, unsubscribe from our email list, request for your data to be deleted, or ask a question about your data privacy, we’ve made the process simple:
Email us at: email@example.com
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.